Last updated 15-Dec-2020.
I'm currently seeking a volunteer for the position of "someone to coordinate purchases so that Michael doesn't receive the same gift from multiple people".
This list is split into sections, listed in no particular order:
Can't be arsed reading the entire list? Expensive stuff: I do still want one more lens to complete my current camera kit. Cheap stuff: shirts, or various camera accessories, accessories (macro extension tubes, neutral density filters that you can generally buy off DealeXtreme and other similar sites. Otherwise I will always welcome the bread-and-butter gifts from my tshirt/CD/DVD lists. Chocolate is also good. (dark>white>milk) Also, I accept vouchers
In very loosely descending priority within vendor. Some of these have been on the list for a while, so might be out of stock (or even 404). I'm a Medium. When in doubt, black is a good choice.
- Use Ya' Brain @The Skid Factory
- Sithrak, an insane god for an unjust world @Topatoco
- Giraffe Crush @Topatoco
- All My Vices Are Devices @Topatoco
- This Is Fine @Topatoco
- Correlation (#552) @XKCD
- Self Reference (#688) @XKCD
- Love your fellow as yourself @Threadless
- Photographer @Threadless
- Birds & the Bees @Threadless
- Transition @Threadless
- 2020 Very Bad Would Not Recommend @Threadless
- Ghost of Disapproval @Threadless
- Om Nom Nom! @Threadless
These shirts don't seem to exist any more. But I still want one!
Harder to find
Try REAL music stores like 78's or Dada's. Or elsewhere on the internet. Most of these are on Spotify, so probably less critical these days I guess. In approximate preferential order:
- Lloop – Bulbbs, a fine example of the illbient genre.
- Biosphere - Substrata, a classic ambient album.
- Aes Dana - Memory Shell
- Bluetech - Elementary Particles (try 78s?)
- Bluetech - Prima Materia (try 78s?)
- Kip Mazuy - Ocean Euphoric
- Kid Loco - DJ-Kicks (try 78s or JB?)
- Jazzanova - Jazzanova EP
- Hiatus Kaiyote - Tawk Tomahawk
- Easy Star All-Stars - Dub Side of the Moon
- Easy Star All-Stars - Dubber Side of the Moon
- Solar Fields - blue moon station
- Smog - Red Apple Falls (try 78s?)
- ? Sasha - Airdrawndagger (try 78s?)
- ? X-Dream - Irritant
Easier to find
Places like JB HiFi will have some of these, or can at least order them in. Also in approximate preferential order:
- Robin Guthrie & Harold Budd - After the Night Falls
- Robin Guthrie & Harold Budd - Before the Day Breaks
- Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Volume II
- Simone and Girlfunkle - Hurry, Harry
- UNKLE - Psyence Fiction
- Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene
- Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music for Airports
- Harold Budd & Brian Eno - Ambient 2: The Plateaux of Mirror
- Harold Budd - The Pavilion Of Dreams
- Boards of Canada - In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country
- Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right the Children
- Zero 7 - Simple Things
- Joanna Newsom - Have One on Me
- Abbe May - Design Desire
- Faith No More - The Real Thing
- The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld (UK releases are a double album, dunno which release Australia gets)
- Future Sound of London - Dead Cities
- Vangelis - Voices
- Jean Michel Jarre - Équinoxe
- The Mars Volta - Amputechture
- The The - Soul Mining
Mostly expensive stuff here.
- Not currently looking to upgrade my PC, but if Radeon RX 6600 gets released by the time you read this, then I'll probably want one...
- Currently eyeing off something like an EdgeRouter 4 to run the internet at home.
- I miss my Nexus 7. I'd like something equivalent again. Either the SM-P205 or SM-T307U seem to be sensible choices. Important considerations are at least 3GB RAM, and LTE/4G connectivity.
- The noise-cancelling king: Sony WH1000XM3 headphones. Probably wins at decibels-cancelled-per-dollar too, despite the $300 price tag...
- I have a useful Steam wishlist (you'll need to have a steam account yourself).
- The Calculus Affair (1956)
- The Red Sea Sharks (1958)
- Tintin in Tibet (1960)
- Philip Francis Nowlan - Armageddon 2419 A.D.
- One day I'll add a (longish) list of the Discworld novels I don't own yet. I have a soft spot for the Josh Kirby covers.
Inexpensive accessories (in descending priority):
- Extension tubes, if you can find them for Micro Four Thirds at a reasonable price.
In approximately descending order of priority; greyed out sections serve merely as a note to self for when I am feeling rich...
- Telezoom lens:
Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7 II
- Lego :P (Technic, mindstorms, games, ...)
- Sculpture: http://www.bathsheba.com/sculpt/minimetal.html
Revise most of the list. Mostly by deleting large out of date chunks.
Add Selected Ambient Works Volume II, and a pair of Robin Guthrie/Harold Budd albums.
Add hydraulic press shirt
Add Sithrak shirt. Move a bunch of shirts to the "no longer available" section.
Add Biosphere - Substrata; revised camera sections.
Add lens reversing adapter; add reference to Discworld novels.
Massaged Camera section a bit more; added Canon's new 10-18mm STM as preferred lens; added tl;dr section.
Reorganised the Camera section a bit, added Canon 760D, fixed links for 70D.
Added wireless keyboard.
Revised and greyed out my camera lens "think out loud" sections.
Added Armageddon 2419 A.D.
Added SD cards, James Blake albums, and tele mirror lens. Removed Flickr Pro account.
Converted plain text list to HTML for improved readability. Revised shirt list.
Removed xmas loot, added Hiatus Kaiyote.
Revised CD list, added DVDs!